Wednesday, February 13, 2008

February musings

We are still having crazy weather. Warm one day, then plummeting temperatures. Our old neighborhood flooded. Thankfully, our old house did not. We raised it enough to spare the new owners. Clara had her pipe freeze two weeks after the first. We got water, but not as bad. Everything is back to normal, and no repeat performances.

I am playing Scrabble once a week with the neighborhood ladies. I enjoy getting out and visiting and playing. Reminds me of Sunday afternoons at Grandma and Grandpa Sheffield's house playing with Aunt Zola.

I am doing 3 BOMs this year. I finished a patriotic star wall hanging, and an Illinois wall hanging. Wayne wants me to make a new quilt with fabrics he picked out. Haven't got motivated to get started yet.

Christie clinic has opened a new convenient care at County Market in Champaign. I have been doing some shifts there.

I have an awful cold. Worked 2 shifts with it. Glad I have had a few days rest before going in again. We have had a lot of influenza at work. Thankfully, I took a flu shot.

Obama is leading Clinton in the primaries. But I think there is going to be a fight at the convention to determine who will run against McCain. Either one surely can beat McCain. Last night at his speech, he just looked and sounded so dull. Course, this was after we had just been watching Obama. What a dynamic speaker!

Feb 25 will be the one year anniversary of Steve's death. I try to talk with Carol every few weeks. She is remodeling her kitchen, which she and Steve had talked about. Actually, doing the bathroom and the living room. I am encouraging her, because I believe Steve would be in favor of it. She knows that Steve's sister Dorothy is going to give her grief, and that is so unfortunate.

Wayne is on oxygen all the time now. But his sugars has been improving, so he is getting less insulin. He is eating a little less, as he realizes when he overeats, it is hard to breathe.

Still looking forward to Paducah!

My friend Susie had to have mastectomy for DCIS, elected for a bilateral, which was good, as there was cancer in both breasts. She is going to have lymph node resection as soon as her ITP is stable. Maybe chemo if nodes are positive. Her daughter Maria is getting married this June, so hopefully she will get recovered.

No comments: