Saturday, March 22, 2008

Getting fit!

Well, I have reached my first weight loss goal! I am under 200 pounds! Depending on the scale, of course! The one at home this morning said 195. The ones at work have still had me over 200. But I have consistently at home been under 200 for a week, so I will proclaim the victory! The next goal is 190 pounds. I know that is not much, but last time I lost weight, I went down a dress size at 190, so that is why I picked that number. The next goal after that will be 175.

I have joined the community fitness program at Provena. This is in the same gym where Wayne takes his pulmonary rehab. I can use the machines while Wayne does his exercises; hopefully Wayne can see that I truly am supporting him in this. Plus, I can get into shape. Yesterday was my first day. I did 20 minutes on the recumbent bike. I got to my target heart rate of 140, didn't get short of breath. I did 8 minutes on the arm crank, Wayne does 10, so next time I will do 10. I tried the treadmill, but it couldn't get coordinated enough, and my left leg was starting to give me problems, so I don't think I will do that. I will probably do a second 20 minutes on the bike after the arm crank. There are 2 recumbent bikes at the big house in their gym that we can use; I may go use them, will be an easy walk.

No comments: